Happy April is Soyfoods Month!
This week in Wisconsin it was still snowing…so I decided to make a pot of soup. I went to my refrigerator and found a head of cabbage and head of cauliflower – cabbage soup it was! It was so easy to put together in the Instant Pot and then let simmer for 4 hours. And I have to tell you it was delish for lunch! And my guess it will be even better tomorrow after marrying in the refrigerator overnight. Give it a whirl in your Instant Pot for a great meal instantly – well, almost!
(And don’t forget to enter to win your own Instant Pot “mini” HERE.)
- 1 tablespoon soybean oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pound of ground beef, ground turkey, ground pork OR 2 cups dry TSP/TVP ( or a combo of meat and TVP)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 to 3 tablespoons miso
- 1/2 cup rough chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1 – 16-ounce jar of pasta sauce
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, diced small or already riced (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 medium cabbage, rough cut
- Turn Instant pot to Sauté function. Add first 4 ingredients; sauté until nicely browned.
- Add remaining ingredients; stir to combine.
- Change to slow cook function; cook for 4 hours.
- Taste before adding salt and pepper (optional and to taste).
- Serve hot.