Get the recipe here!
We are inspired by the nutritional powerhouse, and versatile, soybean! The #SoyInspired campaign is a public education effort designed to put out solid, factual information on the soybean and to share simple ways to incorporate healthy soyfoods into your diet.
Did you know that it is higher in protein and quality than all other legumes? That consuming soybeans reduces the risk of developing breast and prostate cancer? That it provides heart-healthy fat and is one of the few good sources of both essential fatty acids?…
Nobody wants to spend extra time in a hot kitchen, but that doesn’t mean you have to go without desserts this summer. The Soyfoods Council offers a wide variety of cool dessert ideas made with convenient soyfoods such as tofu, soy cream cheese and soymilk. When you add soyfoods to your menu, you’re adding a burst of protein, too. As a plant protein, soy provides all the essential amino acids plus a protein quality comparable to animal protein. However, soyfoods are low in saturated fat, and contain no cholesterol. In fact, one serving of soyfoods offers from 7 to 15 grams of protein. The best news of all, though, is that you can make these tempting summer desserts in the freezer rather than the oven….
- 1 (14 ounce) package water-packed firm tofu, drained and crumbled
- 1 (14 ounce) package water-packed extra firm tofu, drained and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill pickle chips
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 3 tablespoons minced green onion
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- In a large bowl, add diced and crumbled tofu; mix together. Add remaining ingredients; mix together well. Add tofu mayonnaise, gently mix.
- Yield: enough filling for 12 sandwiches. Use favorite bread or croissants for making sandwiches.
- 2 (12.3 ounce) packages extra firm silken tofu, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- In a food processor, combine 1 package of silken tofu (with the water) lemon juice, mustard, garlic powder, sugar, salt and vegetable oil. Blend until smooth. Set aside.