Use as a dip for apples and fruit or stir into hot oatmeal!
Everyone is thinking pumpkin these days so I thought I would combine pumpkin and silken tofu for a yummy fall dip!
The beautiful thing about silken tofu is it is neutral in flavor and it blends so well with just about anything. Simply drain the tofu and transfer to a blender. Add pumpkin, puree for a bit, and then add the sugar, maple syrup, and spices. In a matter of minutes you have a fabulous fruit dip that tastes good, is heart healthy, has lots of fiber, and is a terrific dip for fruit. This treat is a great after-school snack and equally perfect for the fall entertaining season.
- 1 box silken firm tofu, drained
- 1-15 oz. can of pumpkin
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- Add tofu and pumpkin to a blender. Puree for about 20 seconds. Add brown sugar, syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg and continue pureeing until smooth, adding more of each, as desired.
- Use pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Adjust flavoring and sweetness according you your desired flavor profile.
- Breast Cancer Awareness Nutrition Fact: Girls who eat 1 to 2 servings of soy per day in the context of a healthy diet, may reduce the risk of breast cancer later in life by up to 50%.