The Soyfoods Council and Healthy Aperture partnered on a #SoyInspired for Thanksgiving campaign and foodie bloggers created some gorgeous holiday recipes! Check them out below. And be sure to enter our #SoyInspired giveaway on Facebook – there’s just one day left to enter to win a $200 gift card from Williams Sonoma!…
Archives for November 2014
The Soyfoods Council and Healthy Aperture are #SoyInspired for Thanksgiving! Foodie bloggers will be sharing their #SoyInspired Thanksgiving recipes this month and we’ll share them with you on our Facebook page (follow us here).
While you’re on our Facebook page be sure to enter our #SoyInspired giveaway.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- ¼ cup diced green pepper
- ¼ cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced smoked ham
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (15-oz.) cans black soybeans, not drained
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 pinches dried oregano
- 3 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In large saucepan over medium high heat, heat oil. Add ham, onion, green pepper and celery and cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are almost tender, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook another minute.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Heat to boiling, then reduce to a simmer and cook 45 minutes. (If soup gets too thick, add more water or broth as needed.)